Welcome! It's been another GREAT week of books and reading! Hope YOU have enjoyed it, too! This post is always up by NOON every Sunday and most of the time a little earlier!
Well, shall we go hit the land where ALL ebooks are mostly $14.99, and maybe a FEW at $12.99? The land where print books cost LESS than an ebook which is a COMPUTER FILE!!! HA!!!
Publisher's don't have to worry how to price the ebooks because they are mostly $14.99 and $12.99. The only way for prices to go is ALWAYS "UP" MUCH higher than the price of inflation, so are we one day going to be paying $20 for ONE ebook? Better not! Ebooks will be GONE!!! The way the publishers have UPPED the prices for ebooks, it DOES make sense for the prices to RISE yet even MORE!! Get ready! (Geeze!!!)
Although, doesn't it tick you off that the ebooks are ALL practically OUT OF REACH financially each month? It sure does me! I can't afford to read them at the prices they are, unless we come across an Indie Author, then they price their books accordingly, knowing we will buy their books for sure because we CAN afford them!
My final thoughts about ebooks are publishers DON'T WANT EBOOKS. Otherwise, they would be pricing them to where we COULD afford them. We have to wait a YEAR or longer now for the prices to drop, and now I'm starting to see the prices are NOT dropping when a NEW RELEASE comes out. What's up with that?
Then for the publishers to price ebooks AND print books THE SAME??? WRONG!!!! NO ebook is the SAME as a print book, something you can hold in your hands that is tangible! Is the internet or things ON the internet tangible? NO! Of course not! The SAME goes for books!
I guess ALL Authors are valued at the SAME amount, no matter WHO they are, which is a shame, because in MY world, they are not! I guess ALL we can do is wait and see what happens with ebooks. Will the prices go down after a while when publishers finally see ebooks are NOT the same value as their print counterpart? The ebooks CAN'T BE SELLING! I have read articles stating as such, too. No ebook sales, yet the publishers wonder why? Go figure!!!
Enough of that topic! Let's go see what made it where on the charts.
FICTION: COMBINED EBOOK AND PRINT
1. Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham
2. Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith
3. See Me by Nicholas Sparks
4. The Martian: A Novel by Andy Weir
5. The Survivor (A Mitch Rapp Novel Book 12) by Vince Flynn
6. The Lake House: A Novel by Kate Morton
7. The Murder House by James Patterson and David Ellis
8. Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor
9. Kian by Tijan
ebook: $ .99cents
10. The Girl in the Spider's Web: A Lisbeth Salander novel, continuing Stieg Larsson's Millennium Series by David Lagercrantz
11. The Girl on the Train: A Novel by Paula Hawkins
print: $ 7.89
12. Pretty Girls: A Novel by Karin Slaughter
print: $ 9.74
13. All the Light We Cannot See: A Novel by Anthony Doerr
14. Wrong by Jana Aston
ebook: $ 3.99
15. Make Me: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child
And there we have our 15 books for the week! Thanks so much for stopping by! Here are the rest!