Have you ever logged on to Edelweiss or Netgalley with the intention of "Just Looking" and then logging off having requested 5 new titles even though your TBR is a mile long? Inspired by Netgalley November the 2014 Netgalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge will (hopefully) give you the incentive to tackle your review books, stumble upon new ones, and get your Netgalley percentage to the desired 80%!
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 – Dec 31, 2014.
- Anyone is welcome to join. You do not need to be a blogger, just post your reviews and come back every month to link them up.
- Any genre, release date, request date, length, etc. counts so long as it came from Edelweiss or Netgalley.
- At the beginning of each month there will be a roundup post for you to add your reviews.
- If you forget to link up one month it's not a problem just add your reviews next month.
- If you would like to move up or down levels that is completely fine and at your discretion
- Throughout the year there will be giveaways for Challenge participants, make sure to check in regularly and follow this blog so you don't miss any!
- If you have any questions tweet me @FallingForYA or e-mail Emisbookblog@aol.com
LevelsAluminum – 5 books
Bronze – 10 books
Silver – 25 books
Gold – 50 books
Platinum – 75 books
Diamond– 100 books
Oh! This one is SO HARD FOR ME!!! For one, I use NetGalley in addition to others. I will read between 25 and 50 books from NetGalley. So I'm somewhere in the middle. Do I choose high or low?
Drum roll . . . . . . . 25! SILVER!!! GOING FOR THE SILVER!!!
I have a LOT of catching up to do, for one! Those 25 are probably what I have to read to catch up with! So let's play it safe with that number. Undoubtedly, I WILL find MORE books I'll want to read, as it ALWAYS HAPPENS! Hate that! No, I don't, really, I LOVE it! I do end up having to turn down Indie Authors, though, in order to be able to keep up with these books here. It's a half dozen to another - isn't that how the saying goes?
Wish me luck!